Tuesday 13 January 2015

Magazine advert first draft






This is my first draft for my magazine advert. I asked people on my social media accounts for their views and opinions and also set up a focus group with my friends in order to gather their thoughts on the initial draft.


POSITIVES


  • They liked the image and the word "Beyonce" at the top, as it was eye catching and made a statement. It also matched the font on the album cover so it showed correlation.
  • They found the inclusion of the album cover good as it allows the advert to be instantly recognized as a music advert.
  • All the feedback particularly liked the smaller text at the bottom. As they said it is something that also adds authenticity to the advert as most magazine music adverts they see have, a line or so about the highlights of the album.


CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

  • Both the girls in the focus group and the online feedback, felt that the white writing at the bottom was fairly difficult to read against the light coloured top Maritta was wearing. To fix this issue, they advised, I use a darker colour, either black or another one. 
  • The found the white space between the two black banners to be distracting and bare and suggested I insert something there, like ratings, an image, the price of the album etc.
  • Perhaps edit the picture slightly so, it looks less "washed out", maybe increase the contrast so the image has more depth

All in all, I received very helpful feedback, in both telling me what was already positive with the advert, but also specifically what I could do to improve it.






























No comments:

Post a Comment